The Student News Site of Hayfield Secondary School

The Harvester News

The Harvester News

The Harvester News

A review of "Saturn" by SZA
Gisselle Tedla, Staff Writer • April 30, 2024
Highlighting Hayfield artists
Callie Boyd, Staff Writer • April 30, 2024
What are our Hawks listening to?
Kiara Repuyan, Staff Writer • April 30, 2024

Top 10 safest countries to travel to this spring break

Giles Laurent
Svartifoss waterfall in Iceland photographed with long exposure. The waterfall is surrounded by natural basalt hexagonal columns. Photo by Giles Laurent, Wikimedia Commons

Looking for a new spot to check out over Spring Break? Check out the list below of the top 10 safest countries to travel to.

1. Iceland

For years Iceland has been considered one of the safest countries in the world. Iceland is best between September and March and has been an extremely popular destination over the last three years. It is home to the largest glacier in all of europe. Did you know that 30-40% of Icelanders believe in elves and trolls?

2. The Netherlands

According to Google, the best time to visit the Netherlands is in June or between September and November. Did you know that the Netherlands are the reason carrots are orange and over half of the Netherlands are farms?

3. Qatar

Qatar has a dry, subtropical climate so the best time to visit is November to early April. Qatar is located between the sea and the desert so if you have a hard time picking between the beach or the desert pick Qatar! Did you know that Qatar has the lowest female population. 

4. Belgium

The best time to visit Belgium according to google is April, May, June and between  September and October. The official language in Belgium is Dutch, French, and German. Did you know that French fries actually come from Belgium?

5. New Zealand 

The best time to visit New Zealand is from December to March. Expect sunny days with temperatures between 60-70. Things to do include going to the beach, mountain biking, hiking and more! Did you know that in New Zealand and Iceland there are more sheep than people?

6. Canada

The best time to visit Canada is in June to mid September. July and August are peak tourist seasons. Some places to visit during your time in Canada are Toronto, Jasper national park, niagara falls and more. Did you know that Drake and Partynextdoor were born in Toronto?

7. Austria 

The best time to visit Austria is April-October if you want to avoid crowds. May through September is the prime tourist season. Austria is largely mountainous. Austrian culture is known for strong coffee, sports and healthy lifestyles. 

8. Dubai  

November to February is the best time to visit Dubai. When the weather is nice and there are lots of activities to do like shopping, food festivals, the world cup and the Burj Khalifa. 

9. Denmark

The best time to visit Denmark is from June to August. The sun sets for only a few hours with comfortable temperatures and no extreme heat. Denmark frequently tops the lists of happiest countries in the world. Did you know bikes are more popular than cars in denmark?

10. Switzerland

April through June or September and October are the best times to visit switzerland. Switzerland has the lowest crime rate. Switzerland is the third happiest country in the world. Did you know that in some villages cars aren’t allowed?