The Student News Site of Hayfield Secondary School

The Harvester News

The Harvester News

The Harvester News

A review of "Saturn" by SZA
Gisselle Tedla, Staff Writer • April 30, 2024
Highlighting Hayfield artists
Callie Boyd, Staff Writer • April 30, 2024
What are our Hawks listening to?
Kiara Repuyan, Staff Writer • April 30, 2024

Hayfield Football – What can we expect?

Kiara Repuyan

In the 2022 season, Hayfield Secondary School’s football team possessed a winning record of 7-4 at the end of season (including the playoffs) while going undefeated in their district and winning the district championship. While Hayfield’s football team has done exceptionally well that year, at the end of their 2023 regular season, they finished with an even record of 5-5 losing two games in their district. 

To many of the students at Hayfield Secondary, the football team’s success is valuable, and the team’s performance can affect that support.

The season’s performance of the Hayfield football team has not gone unnoticed by students. It has affected the way they support the team.

“There’s ups and downs, trials and tribulations, but overall it’s good,” Eyosias Mogues said.

The Hayfield football team has made strides in recent years as last year they took home the district championship and remained undefeated in their district. 

However, this year that changed after losing to Justice High School and sadly breaking a 33 year win streak against Edison High School to give them their first district loss.

“I was devastated,” offensive lineman Chris Balbin said.

After receiving these losses however, Hayfield still managed to record an even record of 5-5 going into the playoffs.

Hayfield’s younger team also possesses lots of room for growth and have many things that can be improved upon.

“Our physicality and execution along with our ability to shine in big moments,” first team all-district running back Caleb Henson said.

With all this said, we are left with one question. What can we expect from our Hayfield football team?